help-maples display

irondesk40

Have inherited something that a contractor in one of our plants in el salvador was working on. It is a dryer that was suppose to have a micrologix 1100 plc and a maples display. The contractor ordered the plc and a HMI5043T. To make a long story short, the contractor upset the maintenance manager and I have been told to make plans to travel and get it done, that they are not going to let him back in the plant. I have experience with the micrologix 1100, but none with the maples.The plant purchased the software and the display so they are suppose to ship it to me so that i can experiment with it and a 1100 that i have laying around. I have looked at the maples website this afternoon and it appears they have good info, but was hoping maybe someone on this site has done something like this and would post the display program for reference. from what i have read the display will be programmed with a ethernet cable and the plans where to connect to the display using the serial port on the plc and the display. I plan to start trying to read the manual tomorrow, but a sample would be great. I find that a sample is more helpful to me when i am in a time crunch. Thanks

You will find many demo apllications that come preloded on the software CD. The only downfall of Maples is that you can only use registers N7 or B3 in Allen Bradley. I have a small application that can send over to you. Maple systems has a free tech support that is pretty good, but let me know if you run into any problems I’ll be glad to help

Last edited:
The Maple Systems display is made by Weintek. They market in the US under Maple, KEP, and other brands. The Weintek model is MT8050i. If you want software now, download EasyBuilder 8000 from the Weintek website. You'll need to create a user name/ password, but download is free. As far as I know, the only difference between Maple and Weintek software is the model number. In EB8000, you'll need to choose MT8050i as the target device. Stay with Maple for support. As Adam303 said, they are good.
Alternatively, you could download EZ Builder 5000 from Maple. Years ago, I had trouble activating the registered version on top of the demo. Had to fully uninstall demo first. Maybe they've corrected that by now.
I stay with Weintek's software, and use it to program Maple, Kep, or Weintek.

Last edited:
Thanks, actually recieved the software this morning. It was ordered from maples. I also noticed that on the front of the display it does say Weintek. I installed it first thing when i got into work and hopefully will get more time first of next week. I tried to view the videos they have on the maples site, but are links to youtube video's and the company I work for will not allow youtube. I guess when i get home this weekend will take a look at the videos.
If you have any type of sample that you could post or send would be great. I have found that a sample to me is a lot better than a manual.
Thanks

Finally got my project completed, at least on the bench.
Actually we looked at doing a project using a maple display about a year ago, but that did not develop.
We inherited this one after the contractor did not work out.
Have a feeling that in the future will use a maple display more often.

will attempt to attach the files. I also posted them on mrplc.com which is another forum that i use for reference with a different user name. May be helpful to someone.
Thanks