Help with FT studio pls!!

adamdayno

We have 5 machines that use compact logix all with PVP 600. never have I had a problem with any of them. Until today. certain data is not being xfered to/from the PV while other is fine. I wanted to look at the PV program and make sure nothing has been changed without my knowledge in the PV tags or perhaps in the Compactlogix program tags either. So i used the tranfer wizard, downloaded the program from the PV+ to the laptop via Ethernet. success!! now to open the program in Factory talk studio. no dice! error comes up "unable to load application" i can open the project in FT view ME and it will run. but why can I not open it in Studio to actually see what tags are what?
I am running FT studio V5.00 CPR9.
oh let me mention that i have no issues with viewing other PVP programs that we have with this software.
Any help is greatly appreciated my head hurts from banging it against the table!!!

We have 5 machines that use compact logix all with PVP 600. never have I had a problem with any of them. Until today. certain data is not being xfered to/from the PV while other is fine. I wanted to look at the PV program and make sure nothing has been changed without my knowledge in the PV tags or perhaps in the Compactlogix program tags either. So i used the tranfer wizard, downloaded the program from the PV+ to the laptop via Ethernet. success!! now to open the program in Factory talk studio. no dice! error comes up "unable to load application" i can open the project in FT view ME and it will run. but why can I not open it in Studio to actually see what tags are what?
I am running FT studio V5.00 CPR9.
oh let me mention that i have no issues with viewing other PVP programs that we have with this software.
Any help is greatly appreciated my head hurts from banging it against the table!!!

The file that you will get when uploading from the PV+ will only be the runtime (.mer) file.

This is different from the project (.apa) file which you use to design in FT View Studio.

It is possible to restore a project from the runtime file if the PV+ is firmware 5.0 or higher. You can do this via the FT View Application Manager application (Restore application option).

There are ways of restoring the runtimes from older PV+ firmwares, but you lose things like the tag database and alarms.

You could try using the application manager and selecting "Restore Runtime". If you are lucky and the application was developed in 5.0 and the original author compiled the entire project in the runtime, then you will be able to restore it and edit it.