Simple question regarding the CLick PLC

Buzzkill

we need to control a fiber optic polishing machine , the sequence of events is this .
1. hit start switch timer 1 runs for XX period of time and stops . ( make setup changes manually polishing film etc. this happens inbetween each step )
2. hit start sw. timer 2 runs for xxx time stops ( changes )
3. hit start sw. timer 4 runs xx time and stops ( changes )
4. etc,
\etc
etc
etc

How do I do this on a CLICK PLC ???

I know it should be obvious but it is not to me .

OK I 'll play, how many steps and how many different time delays. if the delays are not the same you could be programing 1 rung after another etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. you might could use the drum instruction? or a start stop switch, start when you want, stop when you want?

There are many different ways to do it, but here's one example with 3 timed sequences (10 sec., 20 sec., 30 sec.) to at least get you started.

🍻

-Eric

OK I 'll play, how many steps and how many different time delays. if the delays are not the same you could be programing 1 rung after another etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. you might could use the drum instruction? or a start stop switch, start when you want, stop when you want?

Each step will have its own time delay , I tried the Drum but it has 2 problems in my case , 1. The swithc has to be held down ( add a latch ) 2. it goes right to the next step in the drum and does not stop ( is there a way to change this ? )

Thank you for answering ! I am new at this obviously and need all the help I can get (y)

The Drum Instruction might be a good approach to pursue, assuming you'll never need more than 16 steps. I've never used this instruction on a Click, and I don't have a Click handy to experiment with... :(

🍻

-Eric

In DirectSoft there is an EDRUM (Event Drum) instruction that might work. I don't know if Click has this instruction or something similar.

Last edited:
The Drum Instruction might be a good approach to pursue, assuming you'll never need more than 16 steps. I've never used this instruction on a Click, and I don't have a Click handy to experiment with... :(

🍻

-Eric

No more than 7 steps MAX , the drum would be nice but it does not seem to have the controls I need ( at least built in from what I could tell )

BUT the program you sent me works GREAT !!! thank YOU !100%

No more than 7 steps MAX , the drum would be nice but it does not seem to have the controls I need ( at least built in from what I could tell )

In DirectSoft there is an EDRUM (Event Drum) instruction that might work. I don't know if Click has this instruction or something similar.

I'll second the EDRUM (event driven drum) suggestion. The CLICK has the EDRUM.

I'm recalling you wanted to have different pressures and times and possibly number of steps. If you use C bits as the outputs from the drum and have rungs with those bits enabling timers. The preset of the timers would be accessible to values you set from the HMI. The timer done bits could be the "event' for the next drum step. You could also use a compare in the reset input to end the drum sequence. The compare would compare the current drum step to the HMI value number of steps. The drum step value would also be manipulated for use as pointer to point to the pressure value you wanted for a given step

Thanks for the Info , I have a programmer working on this but he is new to PLC's as well , all of this info has been VERY helpful guys !! I appreciate the input .

I'll post an example Friday before 4:00 PM west coat time.

Cool thank you very much , I am a happy person right now , It actually works ! I have done TONS of R&D on all kinds of products so I know how much effort it can take to make strides so I am a happy MAN ! ;);)

OK I have a stupid question ?

I have a program written in my Click PLC ( Thank you Eric ! )

I want to load it or access it from a Cmore Panel ea1-s3ml to run from the front panel. , how do I do that ??

can I call up that program or do we write it to the Cmore panel ??

I looked in the help files but got nowhere . I did not find a data area or function to call a program just data locations , what am I missing ?

Told ya I was a newbie !!