communication between twido plc and citect scada v6.0

nickola's

Hi,
I'm student and for my degree I must to create project which will control one plant. I have twido plc TWDLAE40DRF and citect scada v6.0. I use citect v6.0 because on computer in laboratory I have computer with Windows XP. I created project in citect and programmed plc in twido suite but I don't know how to address variable tags and wich protocol that I to use so can help me someone please. I also have MODBUS driver wich I instaled.
My English isn't s good but I hope so that you will undrestand what I need.
Please help me.

you need to use Modbus default addresses
then address those areas in the PLC with the 'M' areas
for bit and word and double word variables.
use an OPC server.
I know kepserver 4.6 (www.kepware.com) works so maybe that will do.

dont forget to setup the PLC E/net port for modbus
assuming you are using that port

I used Modbus default addresses(40000+1 in citect is M0 in PLC) but I donn't know which protocol do I choose in Express I/O Device Setup. I selected Modicon (484,584, 884 or 984) but I had problems because addresses of variable tags wasn't good. When I compile project than 0citect send me many errors because I didn't write good addresses of variable tags.
If I use OPC protocol I don't have problems and addresses of variable tags are D1 if variable is digital or I1 if variable is integer and so on, but how than plc knows which vaiable tags is on position M0, M1 and so on.

Last edited:
the modicon or unitelway drivers are not for the twido PLC
I would use purely modbus.
you need to use logic to move the M values.
The I/O functions are not accessable through modbus

Please zip and post your twido program

I can't post project because when I upload file than I receive message that is invalid file.
Can you, please, post your mail that I send to your mail my project???

sorry I dont accept personal emails
you need to either use either winrar or winzip
then zip the file as a .zip file
you can nmot post other formats

Ok I have looked at your setup
It looks like you are using the serial port as the Modbus port and not using the E/net.
This is fine.
The OPC server is run on your HMI/Scada device - computer
It is 2:15 am sunday morning here
later in the day I will post a completed modbus configured program.
As I have said you can not talk directly to Inputs or Outputs via Modbus.
the configuration of Modbus is done in the opcserver
I can also post a kepware file tomorrow.
the setup I have used is for E/net

The "Yantai.pfe file is the kepserver V4.6 file specifically for modbus to Rockwell FV 6.0
but will run indepently on the OPC from your PC
this is an older copy of the PLC program with analogues and additional interfaces - Canopen also
(y)

i hope this will help you....

1st of all ill let you know the programming details.....
if your are addressing the inputs in the format of memory address %mw0:x0 then it is represented as 400001.1 in citect software(as per the bit reversal concept).there is no need to use kepserver or other opc software to interface twido with citect.
here %mw0=400001 and x0=1 and x15=16 so %mw0:x0=400001.1
so %mw1=400002 and so on......

for example an simple project of input and a output in twido suite........

%mw0:x0
|------||-------------------(%q0.0 )--------|

and a parallel output coil (%mw0:x1) to output coil %q0.0 in the above program.this is done coz we are representing every input and output in the format of memory addresses accepted by citect.
debug this program and run the program and disconnect it from the programming software twido suite................

now open your citect scada......
configure clusters,select drivers using express wizard.....
configure boards ports and i/o as per modbus parameters....
goto variable tags and enter the respective addresses as said earlier......
compile and run the program after you tag the respective tags to ur inputs and outputs.......

bit reversal concept can be configured by following the below steps.......
in project editor goto tools >computer set up editor>driver parameter listings>modbus protocol parameters>select [modbus]register bit reversal.
now u can see 2 options either value 0 or 1......
in that u have to use value 1 thing that is bit 1=lsb and bit 16=msb.
to do that click on add parameters wizard.....
after that on left side you can see parameter details kind of coloums.....
in those coloumns in the value box just give 1.........
then click generate and click add......

similarly
you have to add parameter wizard called [modbus] init type........add parameter wizard and here give the value as 3 and then generate and add....
then close ur citect and restart again or goto tools in project editor and run the computer set up wizard once.....................

Last edited:
It was an example to a panelview plus 1000 and the opc actualy is already setup so the OP can test its operation - as far as the 40000.1 this was a new fault bit.
the Twido program was chinese with a magelin HMI - this was damaged.
the company wanted to move over to PV+ same as their other HMI's
- as usual except for Proface screens
- they only have AB PLC's
except for Siemens s7-300 , Omron CP1's , Twido and Siemens Logo
- amusing

1st thank you guys because you help to me.
Preetham1234, can I use a MW0 for more than one input or output???
example
%MW0:X0 %Q0.0
|----||------------()---|
%MW0:X1 %Q0.1
%I0.0 %MW0:X3
where is:
%MW0:X0 - bit reversal for start
%MW0:X1 - bit reversal for motor1
%MW0:X0 - bit reversal for digital alarm
%Q0.0 - output for motor1
%Q0.1 - output for motor2
%I0.0 - input for digital alarm
I tried to configure bit reversal concept but project editor of citect scada v6.0 don't have computer set up editor in tools menu.
Ian, I will look at your project and if I something don't understand I will ask you.
Thank you. :)