plc slc500 5/05

peppin23joe

Hi friend ......

I have a problem with my plc 500 5/05.....

I can go online by rs232 port but with other ethernet port can't go on line and i don't know what can i do.....

You can help me with this problem..... Thanks i hope your comments soon...

Look at the channel configuration for channel 1. Make sure you set up the network settings to be compatible with your PC IP settings. If BootP is turned on, turn it off so that your changes will stay put following any subsequent power cycle of the CPU.

Ok friends thanks..... I will be do this.... But i need a special cable??

I have a pcmk b with dh-485 cable i can do it with this???

I hope your comments soon...

Ok friends thanks..... I will be do this.... But i need a special cable??

I have a pcmk b with dh-485 cable i can do it with this???

I hope your comments soon...

NO!, if connecting to the Ethernet port directly you need a Ethernet crossover cable.
If connecting to a switch which is connected to the SLC5/05 then you need a Eternet straight thru cable.

Last edited:
If you can post the SLC's program. It's .rss file ( zip it first then (post)

With it we can tell you how the Ethernet port is configured.

FYI, what is the PCMK card used for?

Are you sure you have a SLC5/05?

A SLC5/03 looks the same, only it's RJ45 port is DH485. Please make sure before you plug anything in to it. The RJ45 port on a SLC5/03 has 24VDC on one of it's
pins, you can damage an Ethernet port on your PC if you plug into it.

Last edited:
Hi Mickey....

I want send a pictures from ethernet configuration from my 5/05 but i can't.....

You can tell me how can do it or send me your email and send the information....

Thanks I hope your comments....