profibus question

DeHulk

a project from 3 s7 PLC's connected with profibus but only one is connected with ethernet
Should it be possible to monitor the program from the other two PLC's?

Are all 3 PLCs connected to each other? When you say monitor the program, do you mean the program in a PLC other than the one your computer is connected to?

OK. Let me get this straight.

You have 3 Siemens S7 PLC's. The 3 stations are contained in the same
project. All 3 stations are linked via profibus. One station has an ethernet module. You want to use routing to talk to any of the 3 PLC's through the ethernet connection. Am I right?

How about listing what CPU's and Ethernet modules you have.

i think it's like that ! i shall check for more information about the hardware tomorrow at work

PLC 1:
1 ps407 10A
3 CPU414-2DP
x2 DP
x1 MPI/DP
4 CP433-1(1)
5 CP433-1(2)
PLC2:
1 PS307 3a
2 CPU 315 -2DP
x2 DP
DI
DO
PLC3:
1 PS307 2a
2 CPU315 -2DP
x2 DP
4 CP 342_5
5 siwarex U-1

i made a screencapture of the network but my pc don't recognize the disket here :-(
hope you can help me out !

Hello,
I think when you put all the three plc's in one project in the manager and configure your network (through Netpro) it must be possible to program all three stations from one location. I did it myself once via MPI. And this worked good. Maybe you should also connect via de MPI/DP adapter instead of the ethernet with the first plc, but that cannot be a big issue, because the other 2 plc's are also not through ethernet connected.

To program over ethernet I think you need Simatic NET for Ethernet.
The standard PG connections that comes with STEP7 is not enough.
But please do check up on this, as this from the back of my head only.

I heard that Siemens is about to release a "lite" version for Simatic NET Ethernet with just a few connections allowed (this is cleverly timed with the release of the CPU 317 2DP/IT (again the CPU type is from the back of my head)). You could check up on this as the "standard" version of Simatic NET for Ethernet is rather pricey.

some additional info

the PC from wich a can monitor one of the tree PLC's from this projects is also used to monitor other project