allen bradley commnications problems

josestasiw

hi guys, well i´m new in this forum, and i had been cheking almost every post and i couldn´t found an ansewer to my question...
i have 2 allen bradley plc's,the first one is a SLC500/02 and the other is SLC500/03, also i have 2 new computers without serial port, so i decide to buy 2 A-B usb converter 1747-UIC... i have installed Rslink 2.1 and the usb converter driver...i can´t communicate the plc and my pc :( .According to the A-B usb converter 1747-UIC manual i need a cable 1747-C13 (dont know the pinout)and a rslink higher than 2.42... if someone could provide the rslink and the pinout of the 1747-C13 i would be very grateful

See link below for RSLinx Classic Lite Ver 2.57. It's a free download. It will work with your processors.

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

See PDF for a pin-out of the 1747-C13 cable.

For your SLC5/03 you can use it's serial port with a null-modem cable and the DF1 driver in RSLinx to communicate. If it's serial port is configured for DF1 protocol.

Last edited:
thx mickey,i have been reading the pinout configuration of the 1447-c13 and it wasn`t so clear information but rslink and rslogix everything ok..what does mean
The 1747-C13 Cable has the "DRAIN" &
"BROWN" missing.
mean?

It means that there are no connections to pins 3 and 6 on either end. Pins 3 and 6 provide 24VDC for some peripherals. The UIC is powered by your USB pirt, and does not require 24VDC. I'm not positive, but I think it can actually be damaged if 24VDC is present. This is why you should NOT use a standard Ethernet cable.

🍻

-Eric

If connecting the the DH485 port of your SLC's then you must match the baud rate and have a different node address for RSLinx.

Can you post the offline files for your SLC's, their .RSS files?( zip them first)

Also post a screen shot of how RSLinx is setup.

Have you tried to connect to the SLC5/03 serial port. You will need a USB to serial adapter and a null-modem cable for this.

check this pictures pls
View attachment 21692

That setup will work if the serial port on your SLC5/03 is configured for DH485 protocol, is it?

The 1747-UIC is for DH485 protocol only. It should work with your SLC5/02 and the DH485 port on your SLC5/03 with the proper cable 1747-C13.

Default for it's port is DF1.

If the port is configured for DF1 protocol then as I said above you need a UBS serial adapter and a null-modem "Keyspan" is a good one.
See link below

http://www.ind-concepts.com/CommunicationData.htm

Last edited:
check this pictures pls
View attachment 21692

You have two ports on the UIC...

RJ45 is DH485 and you need to use the pin out of the C13 that Mickey said to use or a C13, if you need a C13 click HERE

The DB9 is also a DH485, so if you are going to use it you will need to configure the port of the PLC

On the 5/03 you can use a USB 1747-CP3 or USB to serial and then a null modem on the DB9 as it is a RS232 and you can auto configure with the DF1 driver

You setup is correct for the UIC, what is your operating system on your PC?

(Thanks Mickey))

I did everything as instructed in the manual..
i have SCL5/03,1747-UIC USB converter,now i trying with 1747-CP3 cable
I´ve installed 2.57 rslink, 8.30 rslogix,i´ve installed the 1747-UIC USB converter software...but there´s no connection between the plc and the pc, also the FTL led is flashing :(

I did everything as instructed in the manual..
i have SCL5/03,1747-UIC USB converter,now i trying with 1747-CP3 cable
I´ve installed 2.57 rslink, 8.30 rslogix,i´ve installed the 1747-UIC USB converter software...but there´s no connection between the plc and the pc, also the FTL led is flashing :(

Reread post #10 and #11. pay special attention to the part about DF1 protocol
for the serial port on the SLC5/03.