S7300 Ethernet Comms

Secret

Afternoon all,

I've been well and truley dumped in the smelly (what's new?), I've hit a wall without even starting really and am hoping one of the clever's out there can give me some pointers.
I've never used ethernet on these before so here we go.

I have a S7-313 with a CP343-1 lean and need to 'send' and 'recieve' data to a non SIMATIC PC and labeller. I have tried setting up an 'other station' on the profinet netword using NetPro (entered the IP address + subnet mask of the labeller) but don't see where it gives me the ID and LADDR values required by AG_SEND and AG_RECV. Any help greatly welcommed.

Cheers

hmm

After importing in netpro, the new devices should appear in the Hardware Config. There you can find your adresses. Did you install the GSD file ?

Afternoon all,

I've been well and truley dumped in the smelly (what's new?), I've hit a wall without even starting really and am hoping one of the clever's out there can give me some pointers.
I've never used ethernet on these before so here we go.

I have a S7-313 with a CP343-1 lean and need to 'send' and 'recieve' data to a non SIMATIC PC and labeller. I have tried setting up an 'other station' on the profinet netword using NetPro (entered the IP address + subnet mask of the labeller) but don't see where it gives me the ID and LADDR values required by AG_SEND and AG_RECV. Any help greatly welcommed.

Cheers

You have to tell us lots more about the labeller.
You are sure that the device can communicate via Send/Receive protocol ?

When you insert a new connection, a small dialog box will appear with the connection details. There is a small picture with the ID and LADDR.
Sometimes STEP7 works erratically when it pops up a new window or dialog box. On my PC I always have to check if they have landed in the background, or behind the windows of other programs.