convert RSVIEW ME FILE TO RSVIEW STUDIO PROJECT

timsummo

Hi,
I am new to panelview plus. Any body can tell me how to convert the Rsview me file(uploaded from panelview plus 600) to rsview studio project so I can edit it?
Thanks!
Tim

Welcome!
DO you know which version of ME it was created in? Prior to 5.0 you couldn't convert a .mer into an .apa for editing. There is a backdoor method with the older versions but it doesn't convert 100%.
If it is 5.0 or greater and they left the check box checked to allow conversion you will need to use the Application Manager -> Machine Edition ->Restore Runtime Application.

Hope this helps

thanks Bob,
I don't know which version is the me edited before. The Factory talk studio I have is 5.10. I tried restore runtime application and it works.
tim

If you check the firmware version of your PanelView Plus terminal, this will help indicate if converting it back to an editable application will be easy or not.

If your version is 4.0 or lower then it is going to be difficult.
If it's 5.0 or greater, then you have a chance of converting it back.