Factory Talk View Tag Browser to 1761-ENET-ENI

bvaughn

I am working on an on going project using 3x Panelview 1500 Plus (version 6) HMI to display information from a DSCNET adapter going to an old Automax which is working great. I have since tried to add a SLC 5/03 using a 1761-ENET-ENI which was going well when I was working with the project in Factory Talk View Studio. I loaded the new project onto two of the Panelviews and they are working, but I have lost some connection in Studio. I can simulate the page, but the tag browser for the ENI is gone and it comes up with an unsupported route type if I just try to type in the tag name.
I think that this has to do with the limitations of the 1761-ENET-ENI only allowing 2 incoming connections, but would like to confirm that.
I can work around this as I only need the ENI connection on one screen, but I have really liked having the same program on all three screens. Any suggestions for this would be great.

If you are browsing tags using the online folder, then the connection limit may be an issue. IIRC, series D and newer NET-ENI modules support 2 incoming, 2 outgoing, and 2 more of either, so a max of 4 incoming or outgoing.

Can you browse tags using the offline project?

In any case, I think you will hit the connection limit with all three Panelviews running at the same time. You may be able to run but you would then not be able to go online with RSLogix, for example.

The Digi One IAP doesn't seem to have the same limitations, so it might be an option as a replacement for the NET-ENI in your application. The serial connection will still be your bottleneck, so upgrading to a 5/05 would be much better, and is painless except for the cost.