testing

the proface rs422 connection may be the problem.
2-2 and 3-3 - I believe are straight through not 2-3,3-2
double check the connection dwg it is not clear

i made my own cable from proface connection manual (cable diagram#12 RS422) my PLC has a mini DIN 8 pin and the proface has a 25P male connection. baudrate: 9600, data length:7, stopbit:1, parity: even, control: ER-control, comm format: 4 line. i also put a 330 ohm terminating resistor between terminal 10 and 16 of 25P connector. but my hmi displays an 02:FF error (plc not connected). please help.

its an old hmi, i'm using it to test the communication between diff kind of plc. i have used it to communicate with my yokogawa plc using an RS232 link module and its working perfectly fine. i have also made my own cable based on the PLC connection diagram from proface. i just dont know why it doesn't work with my mitsubishi FX2NC plc. both PLC is supported with my proface hmi.

regards,
harold dy

try reloading the PLC drivers - even delete the yokogawa
RS232 is not RS422 so you may need to change the com port settings