Omron Cx Designer

hooey

One for Omron gurus, i'm having an issue with Cx Designer after upgrading from V3.0 to V3.4. All projects created and working in V3.0 when trying to open in V3.4 crashes with database error. Omron tech support are looking at it and telling me the data base is corrupted. My question is how can the data base go from working in V3.0 to being corrupted in V3.4, any help or experience with this issue would be appreciated.

hooey

Is there another machine with 3.3 on it? Or maybe install 3.3 on a virtual machine and try with your data.

For what it's worth, I have all my programming packages (especially AB items) installed on separate virtual machines. Even though I have to wait that few extra seconds for the VM to boot, I've not had any issues with software conflicts.

Anyway, just a thought.

Regards,

Jordan

EDIT: 🤷 Wait-- all these years and this is my first post?!? I'm amazed I've kept quiet this long!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Rather strange - I have 3.4 and it installed seamlessly with no problems at all. I update regularly.

Is there another machine with 3.3 on it? Or maybe install 3.3 on a virtual machine and try with your data.

For what it's worth, I have all my programming packages (especially AB items) installed on separate virtual machines. Even though I have to wait that few extra seconds for the VM to boot, I've not had any issues with software conflicts.

Anyway, just a thought.

Regards,

Jordan

EDIT: 🤷 Wait-- all these years and this is my first post?!? I'm amazed I've kept quiet this long!:ROFLMAO:

🍻 well dont post keep drinking instead