Best way to alter Siemens timer on HMI

Ned_Flanders

I have a Siemens S7300,connected to a HMI and want to be able to display and alter a timer value.

I have read a couple of suggestions but would appreciate any advice, as the Siemens "help" isn't very helpful!

Thanks

First of all, use the IEC timers, not the S5Timers.
Both the setpoint and actual values will be on TIME format. TIME is just another way of displaying a DINT. If the millisecond resolution is too finegrained, you can apply some scaling in the Tag (f.ex. PLC=1000 HMI=1 to scale to seconds).

Similar Topics

Compactlogix controller, program has 28 conveyors that use TON's to start the conveyors. The TT sounds a warning horn during start and the DN...
Replies
Views
I have S7 1512C controler for controlling 48 PID temperature loop, the output is PWM. Please I need the best, most efficient way to write the...
Replies
Views
I am going to need to use HART multi-drop in order to handle a series of Vega Radar units. There are a lot of options and I'm wondering what...
Replies
Views
Out of interest, I'd like some thoughts on what would be considered best practice with regards to a 2-position turntable control scheme (see...
Replies
Views
Hello colleagues Anybody knows, what could be the best or a better option to bring with you when you are in service at factory to connect via...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom