RS Logix 500

sgogic

Hello

I uploaded program but when tried to go on-line with ML-1400 processor got this meassage
"Program processor has changedcausing an offline state. Do you want to upload?"
What is a workaroud it?

Did you modify the program at all after uploading and before trying to go online?

If you close RSlogix 500 and open it again with no project open, then go online to the PLC, RSlogix should ask you if you want to upload the program. Say yes, don't select an existing file and create a new one. Does RSlogix now go online and show "Remote Run" in the run status top left?

Just need to make sure that your PLC is running stable, you should be able to look around the program and see RSlogix animating things etc.

A quick google search and the only place I can find "Program processor has changed causing an offline state" is in a document referring to RSEmulate.

Are you sure you're going online to the actual PLC, and not to RSEmulate? :)

Thanks for a quick reply,here is what is going on:
1. connect cable to ML1400
2. start RSLInx, set proper driver (I can see a processor)
3. start RS500, click on "Comms" pull-down button, "system comms", upload, "create a new file"
4. RS500 uploads program from the processor
5. info window pops up "do you want to go on-line with processor"

Now if I click yes next info window pops with original problem "Program processor has changed causing an offline state"
I did not touch anything in the program just want to go online.

Hello

I uploaded program but when tried to go on-line with ML-1400 processor got this meassage
"Program processor has changedcausing an offline state. Do you want to upload?"
What is a workaroud it?

Was your intent to upload FROM the processor, or download TO the processor?

I'm guessing you wanted to download TO the processor, then when you went online, it said that what you had on your PC and what was in the PLC were different, so you needed to upload FROM the processor. Thus your changes were lost.

Now if I click yes next info window pops with original problem "Program processor has changed causing an offline state"
I did not touch anything in the program just want to go online.
It seems that the message is not telling you the real problem. Sometimes RSLogix reports the wrong problem. Sometimes this type of error occurs when you try to upload a password-protected program.

How are you connecting (serial, or ethernet)?
-If serial, are you using a USB to serial converter, and if yes, which brand
-If via ethernet, search the forum for "ethernet CIP options RSLinx"

What versions of RSLinx and RSLogix do you have?

One thing that may help...export the program to a .slc file.
Create a new file, then import the .slc file. That procedure has helped me overcome some weird things with the Modular SLC. Apparently a file can get corrupted and still be 99% functional but cause odd errors to occur.

Last edited: