Mitsubishi PLC mov command

dtesterman

Hello, I have been working on a production line upgrade and have ran across something that I am perplexed by. I cannot seem to find the explanation of the action that is being performed by the function, remember having it explained to me at some time, but that was by one of our Japanese counter parts that has now went back to Japan.
The issue I am having is when using a command as such: [MOV D350 K1L1210]. The programmer has set the program up so that the data of D350 is being indexed according to the product type on the production line at the time. By looking at the program, it appears that the data of D350 was being set to the word data for L1210. This would in turn set L1211, L1212, etc. by the data that is in the D350 location. What I am seeing is that if D350 is greater than 1, L1211 is turned on, no other bits derived from the word are being changed. If anyone can explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I hopefully have explained the basics of the how the program is working. If not, I will try to do some posting of the actual code. This is on a A2s processor family.

It means that you MOV the D350 value to a sequence of BITs.

K1 means its a lenght of one bit-word (Yap the have 4 bits words and K stand for "decimal")

So for values of:

D350 L1213 L1212 L1211 L1210
0 OFF OFF OFF OFF
1 OFF OFF OFF ON
2 OFF OFF ON OFF
3 OFF OFF ON ON
15 ON ON ON ON
16 OFF OFF OFF OFF

to have 8 bits you would write: MOV D350 K2L1210

First off, I am not a 'Mitsubishi guy' by any stretch of the imagination... ;)

I am not familiar with the "L" data type, but The "K1" is usually used to group bit devices. "K1" would mean group 4 bits. I would read [MOV D350 K1L1210] like this:

Word D350
0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1
| | | |
+------------------+ | | |
| +--------------+ | |
| | +----------+ |
| | | +------+
| | | |
L1210 L1211 L1212 L1213
0 1 1 1

Honestly, this is just a guess though... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Aw, ya beat me Pierre!... :D

Looks like I was on the right track, although I got the "L" bits reversed!... šŸ™ƒ

I like your explanation much better... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Aw, ya beat me Pierre!... :D
beerchug

-Eric

Its only because I now have learned to type with 2 fingers :)

I increase my typing speed 100%
beerchug