Job Fair Advice ?

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I am going to be at a job fair tomorrow trying to recruit some maintenance technicians. I am probably going to be busy talking to folks . I was thinking of having a questionaire for them to fill out with questions so I can somewhat screen them.
I am looking at questions dealing with work ethic , why they chose the field they are in , how important they feel they are to their company , what their thoughts are about customer service, not only the end product customer, but also the machine operators , etc.

Could any of you suggest any questions that you have in mind. I am looking at questions that will keep them from answering the way I want them answered. I know it is hard to frame a question like that.

Thanks so much for all your advice,

Safety consciousness.

They will try to "snow" you if you ask the same questions they've taught themselves to answer already, so you may want to put thought into how to get a feel for their attitudes with indirect types of question.

Listen for realistic answers. It is pretty easy to tell when person is feedin' you a line and when he is basing a response on real world occurrences.

you are wasting your time and their time , unless this is your main job!!,I think ,it would be better to teach them through experience and theory applications, the proper way to troubleshoot, through my working years , i saw lots of people has a meaningless jobs ,and really really wasting everyone's time , all these people were fast to be hired and very fast to be going as well!

But , I am not going to waste my time if they are not willing. There are many on unemployment that are satisfied collecting unemployment checks . To begin with , I am looking for someone that understands what role they play in our economy. The phrase I hate is "It ain't my job ".

I hope I didn't take your comment wrong Adel1961. I apologize if I did.
I love teaching and I want people to enjoy their work. I was just looking for some sample questions for the job fair. What do you think of job fairs , are they productive ? Thanks,

Here's a few.....
Where would you really like to work?
If you won the lottery, would you still work?
Why have you been out of work so long, and how many others were laid off?
What bugs you about coworkers or bosses?

Took these from an article that I read once.....