Quickpanel View Web Publishing

PLBoudette

I recently completed a project using an RX3i controller and a Quickpanel View touch screen connected via the ethernet ports. The customer wants to connect the system to the internet to be able to be viewed and controlled remotely through the web. I know you need to set "Publish HMI" to "True" for the Quickpanel, set "Enable Web HMI Control" to "True", and then go to each screen and set "Publish" to "True". The IP Address of the Quickpanel is 100.100.100.100. Is it just a matter of opening a web browser and typing in the IP address? Is there more setup involved? Also, if this is the case, was wondering how to set up security/passwords for it? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

The more seasoned GE guys will probably chime in, but, in my limited experience, it's just simply a matter of typing in the IP address in a web browser and you should get a screen with links on it.

I recently completed a project using an RX3i controller and a Quickpanel View touch screen connected via the ethernet ports. The customer wants to connect the system to the internet to be able to be viewed and controlled remotely through the web. I know you need to set "Publish HMI" to "True" for the Quickpanel, set "Enable Web HMI Control" to "True", and then go to each screen and set "Publish" to "True". The IP Address of the Quickpanel is 100.100.100.100. Is it just a matter of opening a web browser and typing in the IP address? Is there more setup involved? Also, if this is the case, was wondering how to set up security/passwords for it? All help is appreciated. Thanks.
This will let you access the QuickPanel not the PAC. For security search PME online help for "Configuring security for View Runtime".

To be able to Make changes view and change remotely through the web you need to access the PLC with a View Runtime application. This is what we have. We have a separate PC Running our View Runtime Application. Configured with many different PLC's for data control ECT. We Connect to the Runtime with VNC Server (Free Edition) Application Running on the Same PC. You would build your Application just like you did for the Quick Panel in Machine Edition. But Use Windows PC instead of Quick panel. You need to have a runtime license on the PC and download your Runtime application to that. You setup the VNC server to access the runtime. The way you setup users in runtime CTRL + E on the runtime PC. User Pass ECT. WE can access ours from the outside world through a VPN to our Network. You don’t want just anybody entering your PLC and making changes.