couple questions

Dennis g

1 when converting from a micro 1000 to a micro 1400 can I replace a OSR instruction with a ONS instruction the OSR for a 1400 is set up different

2 if I had a bunch of valves that had inputs to show when they are closed is there an easy way to set it up that only 1 can be opened at a time currently on a small scale set up I am looking at all the other valves on each rung but there are only 8 total valves and they want to add 21 so there would be 30 XICs plus other conditions on each rung which I think that's more than allowed

1) Yes with a caveat (pre-scan may behave differently, if you are concerned I think I can find a post by Ron Beaufort that covers it). See here (post #2) and for another similar discussion look here.

2) 30 bit examine instructions in series or parallel? I think you can do either, but would have to check in your platform...it is easy enough to try, just be sure to use extended (not nested) branches if they go in parallel. You can do this quickly after addressing one of them: Parallel, make a branch then type XIC enter, stick a valid address on it, highlight the beginning corner of the branch and hit CTRL +C, followed by CTRL+V 29 times, then see if it verifies. Series: highlight the XIC instruction after addressing it and copy/paste 29 more of them (I don't have software on this laptop).

And in any case, you can put them in groups assigned to internal bits and use those internal bits to represent the groups in the final output rungs.

Last edited:
For question #2, is it possible in your process to have all valves shut prior to opening the one (and only) valve? If so, would this work?

NEQ I:0.0 0 OTE B3:0/0

This assumes all of the valves on the same input word and that inputs will be on when valves are open. With this, if any valve is open, B3:0/0 will be set. You could use this bit to inhibit the opening of any other valves in your logic. This could be scaled up, using two input words, to 30 valves in your case.

Shawn

After a re-read of your original post, your valves have shut indications and not open indication. In that case change it to this:

NEQ I:0.0 -1 OTE B3:0/0

This would set B3:0/0 when all valves are closed. This bit would be your 'enable' bit, allowing your logic to open one valve. Once that one valve is open, B3:0/0 goes to zero, inhibiting any other valves from being opened.

In your last post, you said all valves should be shut if more than one is found to be open. What else can open the valves besides your logic. Is there manual control? If only your logic can open the valves, then only one valve should ever be allowed to be open at a time.

Shawn

your right Shawn the logic controls the valves but if someone were to manage to open it wether it be by reversing air lines or some other method which where I work is bound to happen that's why I only look to see if the valves are closed

Well, you could bit twiddle it to determine if more than one valve were open (with plenty of rung comments to describe what is going on in the logic) but if others will have their hands in this system, brute force may be the best approach. It will be easier for others to understand. Lots of copy and paste as OkiePC suggested.

Shawn

an ONS pulse is a logic pulse that trigers once when the rung is enabled to that point.
the ONR and alteernative ONF allows a slightly different oneration.
These both trigger once when the rung is enabled to that point.
But
ONR triggers as the rung goes high
ONF triggers after the rung goes low.