Encoder Configuration with S7-300 SM 338

eams2010

I'm trying to configure an encoder with S7-300 PLC.
The module I have is SM 338 POS-INPUT, and I have an incremental encoder with resolution 4096.
I can not configure it as I do not know the no. of bits, the type of code (Gray or binary), the clock rate and the monoflop time as nothing of them is mentioned in the data sheet
the Encoder type is hohner H8A49A/AO/4096.
can any one advice?

I'm trying to configure an encoder with S7-300 PLC.
The module I have is SM 338 POS-INPUT, and I have an incremental encoder with resolution 4096.
I can not configure it as I do not know the no. of bits, the type of code (Gray or binary), the clock rate and the monoflop time as nothing of them is mentioned in the data sheet
the Encoder type is hohner H8A49A/AO/4096.
can any one advice?

by the way ,the gray and binary codes are basically used with the absolute encoder only unlike the incremental encoder which is directly configured as high
speed input for high speed counter module, so that you can't connect an absolute encoder with s7-300 family without interface module
you can read this manual this may be helpfull for you

https://support.automation.siemens....lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=12429336&caller=view

Supported encoder types
The following encoder types are supported by the SM 338; POS-INPUT:
• Absolute value encoder (SSI) with 13-bit message length
• Absolute value encoder (SSI) with 21-bit message length
• Absolute value encoder (SSI) with 25-bit message length

>_>

Your encoder is not compatible with the SM 338.