mitsubishi GOT 1155

munir

hi guys i am currently using above mentioned HMI in a project the problem is i couldn't communicate it with pc(i used usb interface) i am using gt designer2, i managed to download the program using my desktop pc and there was no problem in that, now that the panel has been transferred to the field i needed to make changes in hmi i used my laptop to communicate with it and that's where the problem started it displays the message communication error (80022.. i haven;'t remember the full number). i will really appreciate ur advices

If I was you I would be checking the differences in your communication setup between the desktop PC and the laptop PC.

How are you trying to connect with your Laptop are you using a USB to serial (I do not know what form of communication your HMI uses, I am assuming that it is serial) if so have you set the correct comm port on your laptop for the USB to serial adapter.

thx for the reply alan
its a usb interface with usb port available on hmi all of the settings are same i think its a driver issue but even for that i have an argument i installed the software with built in drivers nd both pcs have the same software

Are we talking about comms between laptop and Got HMI or comms between Got HMI and PLC ?

As a check, go into the utility screen (how you do this depends on GOT type, check manual) then go into communication set up and check that the rs232 5 volt is active.

if this is ok you should be able to access the plc using transparent mode

Steve

hi nehpets
i am talking about comm with my laptop using usb interface, i had downloaded the program but i needed to change some stuff in it so i went there nd plugged in my usb cable from there it never communicated from my laptop interesting thing is, the current program is still working and there is no prb in comm with plc(q-06h cpu) i used 232 port for that purpose