interfacing of Cmore HMI with GE fanuc

hamzasyyed

I have a GE fanuc versamax micro 23 point PLC, and a Cmore 6 inch HMI.
i mean to interface the two and develope a screen for the HMI.
how am i supposed to accomplish this?
which software should i use, will i need an OPC server?
i am already using versamax pro for programming the PLC, now how do i proceed?
what interfacing will be needed and what will be the order of sequence for programming and interfacing?

You now have three separate threads at MrPLC and one here, all asking the same question. That's a good way to get several fragmented responses.

Since you already have the PLC and the programming software for it, I'm going to assume you know how to connect to the PLC and monitor or even change that program.

For the C-More, your best bet is to visit the Automation Direct website. The software for the C-More is priced at only $129 US. You use C-More software to create a program for the C-More that is independant of the program that runs in the PLC. You download that program to the C-More. The program in the C-More includes a serial communications driver that allows the C-More to read data from the PLC and write data to it. You choose the appropriate communications driver as part of the process of programming the C-More. You don't need a separate OPC server. Once you have downloaded the program to the C-More, you connect the communications cable between it and the PLC and it starts communicating.

proficy view developer

just trying to gain as much insight and learn from everyones experience,
thanking you for you reply again steve bailey.
i think i understand what to do now, thankyou, btw would you if the software "proficy view developer quickpanel"will help me here?

Quick Panel is the brand name for GE HMIs. C-More is the brand name for Automation Direct HMIs. GE's software is strictly for GE products. Automation Direct's software is strictly for Automation Direct products.

THERE IS NO GE SOFTWARE PRODUCT THAT CAN BE USED TO CREATE SCREENS FOR C-MORE HMI PANELS!