Module Help Needed

Mark Buskell

I have a school project where I need digital (120V) 7 outputs but all the modules I find are 8 outputs or more. Does anyone know who makes one?

it never hurts to have a spare. what brand of plc? I do not belive you will find a card with only 7

I have a school project where I need digital (120V) 7 outputs but all the modules I find are 8 outputs or more. Does anyone know who makes one?

you will just have to get an 8 output card, and leave the last as a spare. there is nothing wrong with having an unused input or output. plus with addressing commonly being 0-7 (at least for AB) for an 8 output card, u could always leave the '0' free and use 1-7 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I like using the Math Module cards for situations like this. They perform the calculations required to get you the outputs you need. You simply install them in to the next slot adjacent to the module you need to alter. For example, if you had a 16 point output module, but only needed 8 outputs, you would need a 'divide by 2 module'. In your case, you would need to purchase and install a 'minus one' module. The neat thing about these cards is that you can calibrate them with a calculator.