Logix 5000 CPU Security Tool

The Plc Kid

I did a few small changes for a customer today that has 3 copmact logix L32E processors and he asked me about hte cpu security tool and when I ran the utility it says there is a password in the processor but it is in the unsecured mode and I was able to make my edits.

The customer wants to lock it but he does not know the password so I told him we could not lock it until we clear that password.

How would I go about clearing this password and setting a new one?

I currently have access to everything but I did not see a way to remove the password and to change it requires knowing the curent / old password.

not sure but most ab plc can be reset to factory defaults then just reload the program?

Similar Topics

Good Morning , We have some new machinery coming in with a ControlLogix 5582ES Safety CPU . I would like to update our software before the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, How I can get the controllogix 5000 cpu eventlog (keyswitch change, download, upload,etc...)? is it created automatically by CPU? Thanks
Replies
Views
Dear Kind advisors, I need help on the title mentioned subject. The logic i wrote as attached is working and will update the CPU time clock after...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am not able to find CPU model number in my current software version 20 CPR 9 SR 4 and please advise me how could i solve this...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, in the alarm manager of Rslogix 5000, the tag-based alarm has been created. But when I tried to change the condition, it was found the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom