FactoryTalk ME

grazianogogo

Supporting Member
HEllo ,
i have made a video program for Pannel view . there are two pages . i need found the way to assign a tag (for plc program)to identify in which page it is move in .
in the buttom (go to dispay buttom ) there is not possibility to assign any tag connection .
please some body know how i can do ?

Thankyou o_O

This is an ordinary function in FactoryTalk View.

You can assign a Display Number to each Display (it's in the Display Properties). Select a unique number for each Display.

In the Global Connections configuration, connect the "Display Number" connection to a tag in the ControlLogix.

When you're on Display 1, the value of the tag will be 1, and when you're on Display 2 the value of the tag will be 2.

It is important to understand the difference between "Display Number" and "Remote Display Number".

"Display Number" sends the PanelView Display Number to a tag in the ControlLogix.

"Remote Display Number" reads the tag value in the ControlLogix and navigates to the corresponding Display on the PanelView.

Thanks, But in the global setting pannel i can't find "Display Number "....there are "Replace Display Number" , "Display Print Active" and "Remote Display Number".....
which one should be use ?
i made also a new tag in RSLogix (Real , float ) but nothing change.
N.B i still working on my compiuter with SoftLogix5800.
Where is my mistake ?

In my version (6.10) it's labeled "Display Number".
In your version it's labeled "Replace Display Number".

The label is because earlier versions of FactoryTalk View allowed numbers to be written only for "Replace" style displays, not for "On Top" displays.

The basic principle is the same: define a tag for the "Replace Display Number" field in the Global Connections configuration, and enter a Display Number in the Display Properties of each Display.

Dear Ken, Thankyou for your help.

I try it but still not work.
i solve the problem setting the macro display in "Behavior" tab.
I have made one macro for each display condition (open or close).
example 2nd page open : the plc tag1 "expression" 1. 2nd page close plc tag1 "expression" 0.

it is working!

Thanks