Dynamic Data bases

Carobeta

Hope you can help me,understand my english and problem.

I'm beginner in all this stuff of STEP7.
and I got stuck in a STL network.

I want to use 1 DB as a parameter of another DB.....

I mean:

"dbSend".Txt["dbBuffer".Data[1]]

the Txt is an array of string, and the Data is an Integer.
I need to do this cause I'm using the block AG_SEND (FC5) and I want to make dynamic the parameter Send which specify the address of the data to send.

I have try to move my "dbBuffer".Data[1] to a local variable (Int) and then call it "dbSend".Txt[#Address]!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello seppoalanen,

I am sorry but I dont understand what you mean by postbox! It is a kind of Function or block in STL?

I would give you a little more background on my problem!! I have a DB1 where you can find static text, then depending on some events the program calls DB1 and uses its static text, changes it ,saves in DBsend and sends(Via FC5), everything works perfectly!! but since I am dealing with a big amount of data the process copies from one DB to another, takes around 125ms!!! and I would like to implement this in another PLC wich uses cycle time of 20ms!

So my idea was to save the static text in the DBsend, changing and overwriting on it And use DB1 just to keep the order on which the events occurr so the FC5 needs the address of the event which is in DB71 in the order is saved !!