5v to 24v

gus.89

Hi there this is the first time posting here so here goes,

I'm wanting a simple way to convert a 5v output from a PIC chip up to 24v so a PLC can read it.

I'm not sure what the best way to do it is, like should I use a transistor, opto-coupleror or something else?

Thanks for any help,
Gus

Optocoupler.
Part number 6N25 seems to work. I am actually doing this now for a hobby project, only using an AVR rather than a PIC.
A relay could also work, but you would have to be more careful.
A transistor, or pair of transistors could also do this, but you have a higher risk of destroying your PIC if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I am replacing a 1756-OB16E 16 point 10-31 V DC card with the above card in a 16 slot Rack with a 1756-L71 control Logix 5570 controller. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought this PLC + HMI from Aliexpress, the one on the right that uses SSRs. and want to connect a 24V/0.2A DC fan to the output. My...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Is it Possible to downgrade to Program from version 32 to 24version..? Because I have 24 version and the program which I am going to...
Replies
Views
Please laugh… but can I take 24volts from an IO module and wire it straight into its own input card to simulate an input….?
Replies
Views
Hello, There was a mix up in information on some redeployed equipment and two of the micro 1400's that came in were hooked to 120v when they...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom