The balance to hyperterminal:
9600bps, even parity, 7 databits, 1stopbit, Hardware handshake

The Settings in de CP340 card:
0.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

No values when checking the PIB's.
When I set Automatic RS232 signals on in the transfer tab, then the RXD led blinks... the Ican receive data ? But even then I don't see any ASCII data in the PIB's...

regards,
Combo

Hi Kalle,

I cannot find DSR and RTS on the balance.

CONN.PNG

DIA.jpg

I tried the follwing today:

- Balance to Hyperterminal:
9600 bps, 1 stopbit, 7 databits, hardware control
The balance can do handshake in hardware control or software control, not without. This works, data arrives in the hyperterminal.

- Hyperterminal to CP340 (read with P_RECV)
9600 bps, 1 stopbit, 7 databits, No Hardware control.
When I set No Data Control in Hyperterminal as well, then I can Send data to the connected DB in S7, NDR becomes high every succesful received char.

Balance connected to CP340:
- The RXD led only blinks when I set RS232 automatic under the tab transfer. But I cannot read data Error on P_RCV block, status 818.

hmmm

Do you have an idea ?

thanks

Do you use the BRECV to read out the data?

Edit: And you could try to use No dataflow control, and to strap DTR/DSR and RTS/CTS on the balance side.

Kalle

Sorry, my only experience with S7 and serial is with the CP441 some 10 years ago. I remember using the Modbus RTU, RK3964 and ASCII protocol, and allways writing/reading with BSEND/BRECV.
Don't know if these B-blocks are usable with the CP340.

Kalle