Siemens Simatic OP270 Display Page Control

qee

Hello All,

I need to change the page on a Siemens OP270B Display from the PLC. I understand that within the “Area Pointers” section it’s possible to see the current page number but I cannot find where to send a page change request from the PLC. I’m assuming this can be done? Any ideas?

Thanks Qee

Select Screen From PLC

Hi,

Have a look at Protool help.
Search for "PLC JOBS".

PLC Job number 51 allows you to select the screen on the MP/OP from the PLC.

Within Protool under "Area Pointers" you enter a new pointer "PLC Job MailBox".

The parameters you enter are the area that the MP will look at for the required "Job".

Hope this helps

Steve

Hello Qee;
Protool allows you to generate a "PLC job" to command the OP unit from the PLC. PLC job 51 is a "Select screen" command. You will have to define an area pointer for a PLC job mailbox in Protool, and program a DB [with 4 words containing the number of the PLC job and the job parameters (the screen number required in your instance) in the PLC at the same address as the job mailbox. Then program the logic in the PLC to write the values in the DB to the OP unit whn you require a screen change.
Have a look at theProtoo help on "PLC jobs" and "Job mailbox" for more info.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hey Guys, with the new displays (CE devices at least), you don't have to do it the "old fashioned way". If you create a integer tag and go to "Functions" for that tag, select "Screens" and "Select Screen Variable". Under the "Options" tab set the "Read Cont" check box ON. The screens will change when you change the value in the Int Tag. It is easy to try from a VAT in S7.

i did that with an op3 to pop up the alarm screen whenever thre is an active alrm but i am not sure if it is applicable the same way with op270 (but why not)

in area pointers you have to select the screen area this comes in two words the first one is the current screen number and the second can be used to change the screen from the plc it is described in the op3 manual attached