A new member's first post

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Our newest member, dips247 just sent me the following PM

PLC Specs
hey i need some info and i thought i could come to you(hope you wouldn't mind). i need some information of power requirements and the operating system of any PLC system you can think of your look up for me. i have also tried looking up, but all i get is the buying option.

Many Thanks

Dips

Dips, I don't know why you chose to use the PM route instead of posting on the public forum. PLCs have their own proprietary operating systems. In general, the more modules in a PLC system, the more power it uses. If your PLC of choice suppies power for the field devices, that uses even more power.

Steve

There must be something about you, your name or the manner in which you reply to posts (that is a compliment!), as you seem to attract these type of PM's all the time!

I must say that you have given Dips a decent reply to what is (or at least it seems to me) a homework question.

Good on ya beerchug

And may you receive many more PM's!!! :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul,
Apparently you dont work with AutomationDirect PLCs,

There are only 8 type of people in this world, (octal numbering system)

I think it's that 1000+ post count that brings 'em out of the woodwork. I've had only a few of those PM's myself, but they weren't really even the types of questions we deal with here.

I've also used the email option to hit our AB representatives up for some information that I thought would be sure to drop below everyone's radar anyway.

AK

elevmike said:
Paul,
Apparently you dont work with AutomationDirect PLCs,

Correct,

for my sins I work with Siemens (S5 and S7) and good old (old being the operative word there) GE Series Six.

elevmike said:
There are only 8 type of people in this world, (octal numbering system)

Maybe you don't fully understand my signature :D (I am not trying to be rude there)

Paul

I would assume those dealing with binary would understand 10 is 2 decimal.

I always thot it and Ron Beauforts 2 B or Not 2 B as 2 or 10, depending on number system, of the best signatures.

E
--------[ ]-----------------:)D)---
| |
| |
| |
| E |
------[/]--------

Hex 10 turns on bit 12 of V7633; which enables the battery warning light. I didnt LD 10 and therefore my battery went dead and I didnt know it. I must have gone through a power cycle and forgot everything and thats why I didnt get Pauls signature.

Now I feel like the least significant bit here.