PLC-5 Processor with PanelView 600 Control Net

Lamby89

Hello,

First of all i would like to say HI to everyone here and this is my first post so be nice :)

I am trying to test the comms on a PanelView 600 with a controlNet module as we suspect it's faulty. The part number is 2711-k6C15/F REV A01. I have Channel A+B connected to the CPU (1785-L20C15L1 SER B) with the BNC connectors, the LEDs for CH2 both light up a solid green the PV also tells me there connected. i have "written" a program in PB32 were i just have 1 button which should write a single byte to the processor, the program downloaded fine but when i hit the F1 button to start the test i get a "Comms error = 9022" i can not find a description for this error can anyone help ???

Thanks Lamby

Is it a newly installed HMI or a replacement?
Have you re-scheduled the ControlNet network after the installation/replacement?

it will be a replacement when it goes back to site, when you say re-scheduled is that what needs to be done in different software (cant remember the name) I think i have read that somewhere :S i was trying to get around it as i don't have it

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately RSNetworx for ControlNet is the only way one could schedule/re-schedule a ControNet network.:mad:
And ControlNet will almost always require re-scheduling even for replacements with "identical" devices carrying diferent firmware revisions...o_O
When adding/removing items re-scheduling is a must...o_O

nightmare!!! am guessing this is why I get the Comms error then, at-least i know now.

But thank you dmargineau you have been very helpful

you might not have to do re-scheduling if the panelview was unscheduled to start with you do not have to schedule a panelview for it to work on controlnet

A ControlNet HMI doesn't have to be scheduled in order to operate on a network. The original HMI might have been unscheduled or had a node number lower than MaxScheduled Address (scheduled).
However, the user will need RSNetworx in order to view, edit any existing configuration and integrate it within the Online RSLogix5 PLC-5C project.
The OP states that the CPU Network Status LEDs are okay and the terminal is "connected"; however, when the data transfer command is issued, a communication error is generated.
Short of going Online with RSNetworx and surveying the network, editing and downloading the Scanlist Configuration to the PLC-5-20/C I can't think of anything else short of trying a known good HMI terminal with a node number higher than the highest scheduled address.