Any techs here from R.P.?

Kabayan,

We have a lot of members here, But we seldom post question. Dont be ashame to post your question, give a lot of details from your question and you will recieve many answers.

Lovington Dela Cruz
Shell Lubricants

Hi kabayan,
Good to hear that there are pinoys here in this great forum site.
I'm working in an American manufacturing company here in Cavite Export Zone.
We have lots of PLC-based machines here.
We use Omrons and FESTO plcs here.

On the mechanical and electrical aspects of PLCs i have no problem but I have some difficulties regarding programming.

Hello Kabayan,

Nice to see some kababayans on this site. I'm an automation & control systems engineer and the site has helped me a lot with a problem I have posted. Sometimes you would even get faster and more helpful tips here than from the PLC vendor sites.

If you're having some problems with Festo they have a good technical service based somewhere around Sucat in the South Expressway. They also offer PLC & automation training. Mr. Jun Ronquillo is one of the bosses there the last time I checked.

Omron has a lot of distributors here but not all of them have good technical support. Try a company named ICC, tel.:687-4814/15. Look for Mr. Jimmy Itao.

The references I gave would be helpfull to you but I'm sure they would charge for any service rendered. Try getting a solution for your problem on this site first....they're all free!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rene Limjoco

Pinoy Techie here. AB and Emerson experience. I wish that automation and control Engineering picks up in the country. For me, its a strong indicator of economic growth.

I'm not from RP... but I spent some time there... Subic Bay.
Sometimes I think, too much time, sometimes I think, not enough time.
I hope you folks are doing much better now than you were under F. Marcos and the "Shoe-Queen".

Now, back to PLCs...

Without a doubt, OMRON's work.

However, they sure are weird!

I've used 'em... and they are simply weird.

Hi Terry,

So you were in Subic during the Marcos era. That's interesting. I can imagine that things were different then.

How is the country doing now? For one thing, it was definitely good riddance to have Marcos unseated from the presidency. However, things are not necessarily as good as one would expect. We are still a third world nation, way behind some of our Asian neighbors, and the government's hands are full in battling the ills inherited from previous administrations as well as ones it has created on its own.

Oh well. Thats how it is now. There are still things to rant about. But at least, I have freedom of speech, whether in cyberspace or not.

Back to PLCs. Omrons are weird but they work and are dirt cheap compared to AB.

Hi, everyboby!

I'm also from RP. It's a good thing that there are also Filipinos browsing and posting here. Our company is involve in system integration for industrial automation and we often use SIEMENS. If any of my kababayans need something on siemens automation (hardware, softwares, etc.) we are very much willing to help, please contact us at +632 890-2673 and look for Dennis.

Tagay pa kabayan!

scozans