(Siemens) Reset specific HSC within FC

quadPLC

Hi guys,

Kinda stumped on this one: I have a FC that does a bunch of generic manipulation of input and output. I can pass in the data from 3 different sources. however, each source also has a high-speed counter associated with it that, in certain situations, I would like to reset.

I'd like to use the CTRL_HSC block within this FC to clear out the counter but I don't know how to pass in a reference to the particular data block. Is this even possible?

As an alternative, I was thinking of putting the CTRL_HSC in series with my FC and using the output of the FC to control whether it should be reset or not,but it would be much cleaner to have it all within the FC.

Thanks a million, guys.

Note: Using TIA 11 SP2 for this development. Hardware is an S7-1214C