Micro810

LaSadBoy

L
Having extreme difficulties with Connected Components Workbench.Try to configure a simple 8 input to 3 output switch using ladder logic...Nothing like rslogix interface.. Basically attempting to make a simple encoder setup with a 8 position selector switch and 3 output binary output. Wtf
^#43&*#&

Can anyone assist me in resolving this issue. When i call an input to a desired output on a rung it seems i am unable to use the same output for another rung.

Right, you do not want to use an output more than once. It won't work.

I'll assume you want the pattern of 000 up to 111 on the three outputs.

What will you output if more than one input is on?

We have the inputs wired to a selector switch only one contact on input side is being made at any time.

Desired output
Speed1 000
Speed2 001
Speed3 010
Speed4 011
Speed5 100
Speed6 101
Speed7 110
Speed8 111

Is there a way to make this micro 810 work for this simple application?

it sounds like you are setting up one rung for each input. Try it the other way. Setup one rung (3) for each output bit. The condition is an OR of all the input bits which will turn on that output.

For example, the lowest (rightmost) bit is turned on by inputs 2, 4, 6 and 8

Unlike the outputs you can use the inputs more than once.

Last edited:
this should look like your start screen
you should look at FBD but this is LD
It is a good idea to give your I/O tag names

810 screen shot.jpg

The CCW environment and the Micro 810 instruction set take some getting used to. I don't think A-B fully appreciated how many of their existing MicroLogix customers would want to try it.

There are a couple of nifty logic blocks like Multiplexers and Selectors, but they don't do exactly what you want.

As Bernie suggested, the simple thing is to write out that truth table as three rungs of logic:

M810_Speed.jpg