Dreaded Grey PV+ Screen

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
Here is one I haven’t seen before. When I press the standard Acknowledge button on a PV+ Alarm Screen, it is set up to put my alarm number into an integer word for 3000 mSec, which it does nicely. However, it causes the screen to go Grey and become unrecoverable except by power cycle. Or if I am running in emulation mode, then I can recover by killing (X) the emulation and starting up again.
I haven’t been able to find this in the manual. Has anyone seen it or have any idea how I might correct the problem? By and by, it is the same with ACK_ALL.

narlin

Solved!! The alarm screens ON TOP check box had been changed to REPLACE. When it went away after acknowledgement, there was no screen remaining -- thus GREY.
narlin

There's a checkbox in the PV+ setup menu somewhere that says something like "Close display on acknowledge last alarm".

Unckecking it will also solve your issue.