Excel spradsheet for Sequencer any avalible?

bryonc1213

Did a brief search thier is mention of an
Excel spreadsheet for laying out Sequncers.

can some one zip me a copy excel spreadsheet for Sequencers AB wouid be useful but i would think Generic would also work;)

Our ever-helpful and knowledgeable OkiePC gave us this a while back:
Thanks for the kind compliment.

I have another example for use with RSLogix using a DDE/OPC topic to write directly to a PLC/SLC (I used it with a SLC, but it should work with a PLC5 too if you copied the logic into RSLoigx5). It doesn't use the SQO/SQI instructions (I have issues with their behavior in a SLC). It uses MEQ and MVM with external step control instead. I don't know if these will help with a SLC100-150 though.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=854

Last edited:
Hi OkiePC
I was studying your MEQ example spreadsheet which is very interesting.

I see that the input mask grid is a exact copy of the required input bits grid ... is there any reason why it couldnt just be the same thing? ie just use B31 for both instead of B31 and B32 ? Sounds kinda obvious so must be a pitfall i cant think of.

I have to do a system soon with multiple sequencers and i was thinking of ripping this into Siemens code and rolling my own MEQ etc

Cheers

It's not an exact copy. The "Inputs_Mask" sheet should not be edited directly. It will automatically reference the "Inputs" sheet and place a one wherever there is a zero or a one in the corresponding spot.

This allows you to limit the step advancement until a particular input condition is off. For input conditions you don't care about, leave them blank on the "Inputs" sheet, and the corresponding "Inputs_Mask" bit will be zero, meaning you don't care about the state of that input condition for that particular step.

In each step, you have 3 choices for the states of each of your input conditions:
0=must be off (0 in the input file, 1 in the input mask)
1=must be on (1 in the input file, 1 in the input mask)
(blank)=don't care (0 in the input mask)

For example, you may want a step to wait for a certain limit switch to be off, and this feature allows you to do that.

If the READ ME tab explanations need work, please let me know. I have no proofreader and appreciate all constructive criticism.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi OkiePC
Thanks, I will digest your answer over the next few days and probably have more questions.