weirdest place for a work phone call

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So today I am in the delivery room with my wife. She is having our third. My phone rings and I answer it. A potential new customer so we talk for few minutes. He needs me to fly out to see him. No big deal I explain. We going to have a newborn in a few hours and I was booked for about 2~3 weeks after that I could come up. My wife asked me to step out into the hall and talk about that stupid PLC stuff there.
I just don't get them sometimes.
So where is the weirdest place you have taken a call for work?

I saw a guy at the funeral home with a Bluetooth head set on. Sorry i don't kniw of anyonee that us that important.

NOOOO dont go there, I turned my phone off at the funeral.
that guy may have had a Krypt call.

Last edited:
Had a call yesterday while I had the wife pinned to the bed, didnt loose a beat while I was talking, the guy was from our company and heard my wife coff, he said to tell her to get better soon, she sure did.

Lol.

What would the wife have done if it was a female voice.

THis topic is getting too far below the belt - literaly

JeffKiper said:
So today I am in the delivery room with my wife. She is having our third.

Congratulations, Jeff!

JeffKiper said:
My phone rings and I answer it.

Now, you gotta learn when to turn that thing off or leave it in the car! Your customers will understand...having a kid takes priority.

Thanks Paul, you are correct. I should have left it on my side. After delivery she was OK with it. She knows that sometimes my judgment isn't the best.

Jeff, I think we all have our problems at times about good or bad judment. The important thing here is: hope everything's fine with the mother and child. my congrats. Come back soon, but right now take the time to be with them, rather than with us.

Kindest regards,

Had a call yesterday while I had the wife pinned to the bed, didnt loose a beat while I was talking, the guy was from our company and heard my wife coff, he said to tell her to get better soon, she sure did.

Lol.
Mate - you need to get your priorities right!

My wife would have punched me if I answered the phone!!

Lol.

I wouldn't be married anymore.

Congratulations Jeff. You'll be glad of some work just so you can get a decent nights sleep !! ;-))

Lol.

Had to laugh at that one! You must really enjoy PLCs if that didn't kill the mood.

The weirdest place I ever had a phone call was when I used to work for myself. I actually got called in to a factory whilst I was stood in the factory.

I was working on a job on a line and my phone rings. It's one of the managers from the same factory asking me if I'm busy because he wants me to come in and look at the job that I was already looking at! (I had prevously been called in by one of his colleagues who had obviously neglected to mention it to him).

I walked down the line and could see him in the office on the phone to me.

I explained that I could come in today and would be as quick as I could, hung up, walking into his office and asked him if that was quick enough!

His face was a picture. ;-))