Can not get in touch with all i/o on controlnet after moving

oyvind

I have redunant PLC with redundant controlnet fiber ring, consisting of Allen Bradlay 5000 series plc

The redundant fiber ring has 2* 1786-RPA and 2* 1786-RFPM connected to a 1794-ACNR15 with I/O modules in each I/O box.

I will check all fuses to the Input and output cards connected to the 1794-ACNR15 now, as some are broken.

When using the RSNetworx for controlnet, I can only connect to a few of the I/O-boxes, and different each time.
My alarm panel says Controlnet faulted on the others.
After some time, the Controlnet modules 1756-CN2R & 1756-CNRRs says: DUBLICATE NODE DETECTED, but I have checked all addresses, from 1-16. One power supply was broken and is changed, one PLC broken, new coming tomorrow.

All was checked and working before shipment, but now installed in a different backplane - fixed now.
Less priority is one point I/O on the ethernet has been changed from test, now changed to correct IP-setting, but still not showing up. I plugged it via normal Cat 6 cable to a Stratix 8000, also alarm panel (panelviw) is hooked on the ethernet.

I was struggling with fiber not connected, but there is steady green light on the -RFPM, meaning they are connected. Should I check the -ACNR15 for other things than addresses?
What does the "dublicate node detected" means?

The program is simple, but I have not written it.
It worked for some boxes until I replaced the broken power supply, now it works for other I/O boxes.

"one PLC broken, new coming tomorrow"

Network Diagnostic tool says 34 errors, and 15 warnings. This network will not work till I get the second PLC.

Asking questions always help me, because then I have to be spesific about setup and the problems ;-)

Is this a new system that is being commissioned, or an old one that was damaged ? Blown fuses, a damaged PLC, damaged power supplies and damaged fiber sounds like there is more than just configuration problems here.

The "duplicate node number" error can occur in the absence of duplicate node numbers if there is a propagation delay in the ControlNet; the node number is at the very beginning of the packet and a propagation delay of just a few hundred nanoseconds is enough to throw it off.

In RSNetworx for ControlNet there is a Network Properties menu that allows you to enter the type and number of repeaters in the network. This parameters then allow the ControlNet nodes to adjust their timing to allow for the delay introduced by the repeaters.

To commission a ControlNet with fiber repeaters, the best method is to start with the lowest-numbered nodes and make sure they have a ControlNet configuration with the proper repeater configuration, then start connecting repeaters and additional nodes. The lowest-numbered nodes will use the ControlNet Moderator feature to propagate those timing parameters to the rest of the network.