negative logic

Mani

Hi
My PLC is NEGATIVE LOGIC and I want to input a signal that will inturn control an output. The output turns ON when I GROUND the input, however I want to use a switch (pushbutton with LED) to control the input.
Do NC switches exist? I have been looking but to no avail. Can anyone direct me to where I can find them....or can anyone inform me on a solution to my problem (if it is actually a problem).

Thanks

You have three options: You can leave the hard-wired components alone and modify the program, or you can change the hard-wired components. You can also do some combination of the above.

Just about anybody who makes switches makes NO and NC versions. Anybody who offers NEMA or IEC-rated pushbuttons certainly does. Quite frequently, you can get both NO and NC contacts on the same switch. Where have you been looking? Check out Automation Direct, Allen Bradley, Cutler-Hammer, Siemens, Telemechanique to name just a few.