1336 Force Drive Stall Fault While Running

That does look a bit strange, since the description is "150% Rated amps without drive speed increasing above zero". Which does sort of imply that the fault shouldn't occur when the motor is already running.

Are you able to swap the drive or motor and see if the problem follows the motor or the drive?

Paul it is using encoder feedback but I would thing you would get the encoder loss fault first right?

What's confusing is that it does this while runing and not startup. I have only seen the stall fault on startup. That is what I got from the ab website also.

This is a strange one.

You stated that the fault occurs while running but does a 150%+ overcurrent occur at the same time?

If not, the fault is occurring erroneously. Probably a drive problem that is not worth repairing. I'd start developing a budget item for replacing the drive.

Dick

It happened about 6 times at different time intervals and has not happened since. Did it hit 150%+ I really don't know and this is a old line with no data collection. I have one of my trusty dranetz units on it now so if it happens again I will see it.

The line is scheduled for a controls upgrade Q1 2013. I am still working on the design.

36 drives total in this system with 18 being coordinated. Old plc 5 controls with a little over 5K IO points. I can replace it with a powerflex 755 in the short term though.

All most have the same proble related

Maybie you can help me with this situation. I have two servo motors that they work tigether( one rotated first and the second followed) the problem is that they work fine on low speed about 190 packaged per minute. if i speed up the machine the first who turns faster is going on fault. The fault is ( position error ). Both motor are controlled by separate servo drive and the onli place that they get conect is to the same PLC servo card ( 2 axis servo). all the wiring, gears, motorsn has ben verify and they look normal. Dont know wat it is.