sequncing output controoled by a proxsimity

bryonc1213

AB SLC 150 controlling outputs with a sequncer works with an exception
step3-4 are a very simple motor control time is not consistent due to weight empty /loaded so installed a simple magnetic 2 wire prox magnet on bin sensor in top and bottom position

Used simple logic to control the prox in theory
Step 3 turn on output 214 to raise bin until prox 209 is closed
Then when timer expires step 4 lower bin output 211 until prox 210 is closed and stop and continues with step 5-7

The reason I had to add rungs was to try and control movement via the proxes as bin gets hung up and wont make it up or down during the timed sequence just a small dc motor running string on a shaft lots of slippage (toy item)

What happened is since the top position is satisfied the bin starts to lower and then goes back because 214 is on and does a jog

I have tried several variations either the lockup no movement or ends in a loop back to step 3
Attached is the file

I was thinking of doing a latch but then the sequencer 902 just end up in a loop again and trying to put the proxies in a SQI was a stalemate
Any ideas?

...bin gets hung up and won't make it up or down during the timed sequence, just a small dc motor running string on a shaft - lots of slippage (toy item).

Any ideas?
Yes, two ideas: (1)Try to reduce the slippage by using a different string for a belt, one with more friction, whittle out a wooden belt pully to go on the motor shaft, and (2)Try to detect when string slippage happens (detect errors).

One common way to detect errors is to first manually measure how long it should take to raise the bin, and how long it should take to lower the bin. Now create error-detector PLC logic using timers, and if the Bin Raise Timer or the Bin Lower Timer times out, DO SOMETHING in your program to work around the problem (perhaps inhibit the advancement of the sequencer, or a least turn on a warning device).

Last edited:
Very inconsistent movement so I added magnetic proximity switches to stop the up and down movement. The nylon string tends to stretch and slip as the gears are not splined in place if they were then the coal loader would likely tear itself apart

Let me repeat that I haven't worked with the Sequencer for this software. Here is my attempt to put forth some ideas.
This is a modified version of your COALSQ6. What I did was re-map your sequencer to internal bits by changing the Group number. I then set the sequencer, Group #16, to operate the external output bits that you were using in the Group #2 Sequencer. Next, I added the proxs used in the rungs for steps 3 and 4. I put them in-between the internal bit and external bit for their respective step. The modifications to rung 9 on the input to the sequencer are supposed to keep these proxs active only on their respective step in the sequence. None of this may work, I have no way to test. Let me know if any of this works.

Last edited:
Well I got the rungs to work with the sequencer Turns out the feed wire to the down prox was disconnected 1st problem 2nd was the order of the inputs
the attached file works the only issue.

have is I need an error bit as the down will go up sometime and sit at the Up prox until the next sequence but 9-out 10 is a good day

I will give your changes a try too thanks for the Inputs :>)

There is a place to add Instruction Comments on Page 8 of your TXT file. If you added a comment for each one, it would make it a lot easier on yourself, and anyone trying to figure out how to help you. I suspect if you added comments, they would also show up in the ladder rungs.

That is very Odd apperently when i saved the new fil name it cleared the file of text Seq6 has the names I will reinsert the Text apologies

The 214 and 211 Outputs in the sequencer are the same output addresses that are in rungs 8 and 9. This looks like what I call a double-coil output problem. I don't know for sure if this is allowed with this sequencer instruction so I may be wrong.

The controlled outputs 213 and 211
My one solution as the prox opens on rise turning off output 214
And then bin goes down on step 4 lower bin output 211 until it touches down on prox 210

This works with limitation time has to run out while prox is Under the examine On states I may need to add a photo prox across the Bin to block it from rising once step 4 lower bin is down and the now closed prox becomes open

Hence I need an error bit maybe a photo eye targeting the down bin

I do like the internal Sequence bits that looks like it maybe an Improvement over my controlled outputs I did try to do an SQI to SQO but no luck.

I may have a couple hours tonight to try some practice runs.
Another issue I found was the dry coal dust slows down the strings so added some 3in1 to the plastic rollers and metal flanges improved travel by half so the seq timer only has to close the prox examine on and wait for the sequence to end steps 3-4 we have an open house this weekend so trying to get this to 100% instead of 88% :>)

meant 214 not 213 above :>)
here is the outputs used in the sequncer
211 bin Down =701
212 Chute open =702 (dump into car)
213 side car dumo (shake dumo into bin )=703
214 bin UP=704
215 Sound =705
216 accessoire water tower spout down =706

Tried the SEQ61 almost works stops after running down
think the cause is not enabled seq output
easy fix bit te ohter coalrdy is ruuning stil meed to make some minor changes
thanks for all yore help should work enough for thepublkic run maybe next week i can make some adjustments