What's the coolest control panel/HMI ever built?

They build that to withstand someone trying to break it. What happens when they get a new operator in the plant that has never seen an automation system.
Some of these new guys and gals could do destructive testing on a forged anvil with a feather duster and leave nothing but forging dust to blow in the wind.

It might take water, hammer blows, and a shotgun blast, but it's still only stagehand RESISTANT. They can destroy anything... quickly.

leitmotif, I see your sanitation crew and raise you one "Mongo the Stagehand."

-rpoet

It might take water, hammer blows, and a shotgun blast, but it's still only stagehand RESISTANT. They can destroy anything... quickly.

leitmotif, I see your sanitation crew and raise you one "Mongo the Stagehand." -rpoet

Stagehand has absolutely nothing on a food plant sanitation crew. I got 5 aces.

Dan Bentler

Stagehand has absolutely nothing on a food plant sanitation crew. I got 5 aces.

Dan Bentler

I would second that. Never underestimate the power of a Jet Washer. I have seen one of our cleanup crew remove the touch screen membrane from the front of a Panel View with one.

+1 on sanitation (hygiene team) ours can fill IP67 sensors with water (submersible to 3 feet)

I think they feel its a challange to destroy anything that runs on tingly stuff

Steve

We have four machines (Pacmac) with those touchscreens on them. We have only replaced one in the 6 years I have worked here, and it had a problem with a printer port IIRC. Too bad you can't load them up with Crimson. I think they run XP embedded or a custom DOS based HMI package.

+1 for the food sanitation crews.

My guy's here in the plastic's industry are no joke either. I would put them up against any small army.

I have yet to find a device they can't destroy.

I came in one morning and saw a night shift production guy doing pullup's on a 1 1/4 rigid conduit that was about 8 feet off the floor going to a disconnect.

We walked him out the door shortly after 9:00 when HR get's here.

http://www.eurotherm.com/products/controllers/penguin/

I have not used these, but I think its cool.

Of the HMIs I have used , I like the Unitronics, but only because they have a PLC attached and the software is free.

Textiles machine operators are the worst I have ever heard of. Management had to pay them a production premium to stop them from destroying everything.

The above HMI is certainly impressive and would frustrated many workers looking for an extra break.