PLC help for Click C0-01AR-D PLC

alp130joet

I need an idea on how to set this up in a Automation Direct CLICK C0-01AR-D PLC. I have revised my previous post with i hope a better understanding of the sequence of events for the operations.

Inputs & Outputs Needed:

1) Purge is Amber Pushbutton and Pilot Light (Input / Output)
2) Charge Solids is green Pushbutton and Pilot Light (Input / Output)
3) Stop Operations is Red pushbutton with no light (Input)
4) Unlock Dome is Red Pilot Light (Output)
5) Air Operated Vibrator SV Valve (Output)
6) Air Cylinder SV Lock Lid Engaged (Output)
7) N2 SV Valve (Output)
8) Scrubber SV Valve (Output)
9) Lid Limit Switch (Input)

With 3 pushbuttons with 1 set of NO contacts and 3 pilot lights indicating operational steps. Also used are 4 Solenoid Valves and 1 Limit Switch. So 4 inputs and seven outputs are used.

Stages:

1. IDLE: Lid SV Air Cylinder engaged (Locked Closed) (Lid has Limit Switch), N2 SV Closed, Scrubber Valve Closed.

2. PURGE: Press Amber Lighted Pushbutton (Purge) (Light On During Operation), N2 SV Opens, Timer 2 seconds, Scrubber SV Opens, Timer 10 Seconds, after Timer DN, Close N2 SV, Start Timer 2 Seconds, Close Scrubber SV, Disengage Lid SV Air Cylinder, Light Red PL On (Unlock Dome). (Operator can now open lid to add manual powder charge)

3. CHARGE: (Once lid is closed (LS Made) by operator) Press Green Lighted Pushbutton (Charge Solids) (Light On During Operation), Red (Unlock Dome) PL goes off, Lid SV Air Cylinder engages (Locks Lid Closed).

4. DUMP: Green Lighted Pushbutton (Charge Solids) (Light On During Operation) Lid locked closed, N2 SV Opens, Timer 2 seconds, Scrubber SV Opens, Timer 10 Seconds, after Timer DN, Start Vibrator SV (Open Valve for Air supply) and Open SV Dump Valve, Timer 20 Seconds, after Timer DN, Shut N2 SV Valve and Vibrator SV (Close Valve for Air supply), Timer 2 Seconds, after Timer Done, Shut Scrubber SV, Dump SV Valve, and turn off Green Light PL.

5. INSPECT & ADD Once Dump Stage is completed Disengage Lid SV Air Cylinder, Light Red PL On (Unlock Dome). (Operator can now open lid to Inspect or Add more Charges if needed), Once Lid Limit Switch is made go to IDLE Stage.

6. STOP OPERATIONS: Red Pushbutton with 1 set of NO contacts to stop all operations when pushed so all valves will close, If Hopper Lid LS is made SV Air lock will remain engaged, Timer 30 seconds, after Timer DN, turn On Red PL (Unlock Dome) and Disengage Lid SV Air Cylinder (To Allow For Inspection), Start Timer 5 minutes, after Timer DN or once lid Limit Switch Is made Engage Lid SV Air Cylinder, go to IDLE STAGE.

clarification

Are you asking for someone to write your code for you ?

Aside from that:
You didn't mention a hard-wired Emergency Stop - do you plan to have one ?
The E-Stop should also be an input to the PLC.
My experience is that the Stop Cycle button should have an NC contact vs. NO.
I read your description briefly - it sounds like you are using the Red lamp to signal Ok to open lid ?
Red is usually an error, Amber a caution or information, Green is usually an OK.
The other option is to use flashing lamps to get two indications from one lamp; e.g. flashing amber during purge and steady amber at end of purge.
Sometimes an NO contact is added to a push button as a test function i.e. push the button and the lamp lights by hard wired power circuit.

Alp,

That is a very good start. You are probably going to need some add-on modules to get enough outputs on the Click.

Probably with your I/O list, and the things you know about the process, you can now select the Click model and catalog number, and all the accessories you might need, such as auxiliary Input or Output modules.

For your program, the next step is probably to set up 6 Stage Relays as you have outlined. For each Stage, determine when that stage or step in the process starts, and what starts it, then use those conditions to seal in that stage relay. Then determine when that stage ends, and use those conditions to seal in the next stage relay and on the same rung, unseal the current stage.

With this method, your program structure is now very simple and structured. All you need to do is fill in the logic for each stage, and you are nearly done! If I could get real motivated, I would download the Click software and do it for you! Heck, maybe I will do that tomorrow, if I have a good day.

E-Stop, Manual Controls ?

You describe a Red button to stop all operations.
If this is supposed to be an Emergency Stop, it must be NC contacts and hard-wired to kill the output power, but keep the PLC and inputs live.
You can echo the E-Stop to the PLC, but make the functioning independent of the PLC.
If this is a Stop Cycle button, it still needs to be NC contacts, but can be a PLC input.
If you use single solenoid spring return valves for things like the vibrator air supply, the air will shut off on E-Stop.
You may want to use a double solenoid detented valve for the lid lock so that it maintains the last position on E-Stop.
You don't seem to have a Reset button, Manual/Automatic selector, or other manual controls. Does the operator need to be able to have individual controls to reset the equipment, or recover from a Stop Cycle or E-Stop ?

yes I need help with PLC programming and the stop is not an estop that is a seperate button to kill ac power and with a PLC I believe that a no contact stop can still be programmed as a different XIO or XIC.

NC vs NO and Power Switch vs E-Stop

Power Off is not the same as an E-Stop; an E-Stop maintains power to the inputs and PLC so your processor is still live, just the outputs are off.
The purpose of NC contacts is 'fail safe'.
A broken wire on NO contact input would disable the input.
A broken wire on NC contact input - you program it as NO in the PLC - is the same as pressing the button, the failure is detected.

no just asking someone to do your work for you is. That said post what you have so far and im sure someone will help

Am just a maintenance mech that is trying to figure out PLC's this was suppose to be a site for learning was really wrong about the site

Am just a maintenance mech that is trying to figure out PLC's this was suppose to be a site for learning was really wrong about the site
Go back and read post #3, especially the last paragraph. By the way, everyone on this site volunteer their posts for free in case you missed that. Most of the members here are paid professionals or retired. Enjoy the good advice, ignore the bad, including mine.

Last edited:
As @jrwb4gbm said we all have real life jobs and do this as a side project to try and help others out.

You have been given a good start on your project by @Lancie1. Try writing a bit of the code and ask what is wrong with it. We will bend over backward to help you troubleshoot it and figure out how to make it work. What we won't do is write it for you. Most of us are paid professionals that write code all day long for a living. If we wrote code here for free we would be out of a job pretty soon, now wouldn't we?

Yes, I need help with PLC programming
Okay, right, I got it. You need help with programming, and not help with E-stops and other stuff that have wormed into the conservation.

Now, I assume you have decided to go with the Click, which has its own software, and to help with that a person would need to also have a copy of the same software . I will see if I can download a copy for this home computer. I know I said I would do try to do that today, but life intervened and I did not get around to it.

EDIT: Okay, I got the Click software. Now the first thing it asked me for a new project is the name of the project, which I do not know. What are we going to call this PLC program? Looking back at your first thread, I think "POWDER TRANSFER" would be good. Is that okay?

Here is a link to Alp's first thread, for those getting frustrated trying to find it:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=70841

I need an idea on how to set this up in a Automation Direct CLICK C0-01AR-D PLC.
You have to admit that this is vague enough that it could mean "how to I set up the PLC and the wiring and the communications, but now we know that it is PROGRAMMING ONLY that you want help with! Great! Now we know!

Last edited:
not intending to offend

I am not trying to be offending, but wiring Emergency Stops with NC contacts and echoing to the PLC is important. So is using NC contacts for a Stop Cycle.
Are you glossing over this because it is a basic that everyone should know ?