OT: Problem log in Rockwell Support site

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have two login for Rockwell Automation sites. It wasn't an intentional thing on my part but RA web seems to have distinct part that requires registration yet the registration don't carry over to the other part so I accidentally used different email for each part. Anyway, I figured out which login works where and made note of it. Problem solved...

However, I was trying to log in the support part of the RA and it doesn't work. Just showing an "UNKNOWN ERROR" right after a quick message of "access right validated". The address is https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com

About 2 weeks back there was an email from RA that they are consolidating the sites to a single log-in and I wonder if this problem is related to that.

Anyone else having problem getting to the Knowledgebase?

About 2 weeks back there was an email from RA that they are consolidating the sites to a single log-in and I wonder if this problem is related to that.

It could be, the e-mail I received gave me a new password.

I just tried it and it worked for the knowledgebase.

I did login with the password in the email at least a week ago then changed the password right back to my old one.

The website was working for me yesterday... grrrr...

I tried to login yesterday and today to use the Knowledebase and the Tech Connect, both times I received and ERROR, so they are probably doing maintenance.

seems to be working here the other day I had to get support to send me a new login and password but have not had any problems since

Same problem this week. I called thech support and they had to fix my two accounts, one for downloads and the other for support. They had me sign in to the old support page and when then go to the knowledge base and at the upper right , click on login. I didn't need to enter any information, it logged me in. Now it seems to work. The reason I had the problem in the first place was because my tech connect number was not tied to my new single signon account. Save yourself some time and email tech support before you need it. I needed to get to a technote and I spent over an hour just getting my account fixed.

I had a similar issue, but I just used the 'forgot password' hyperlink and they sent me a link to reset the password. This was to get in the kb. Hopefully their new system will use the same new password for the downloads and other areas too. I am pretty sure my login for that area was different before. Also, my old password would not have qualified in the new system. It was too short.