Sepro Picker Information

dahnuguy

I have a sepro that someone found on ebay several years ago.

I don't have any idea how to interface this robot.

I don't see any information on the Sepro Website.

I would like to know:

Are they simple I/O interface? If so what is the standard connection scheme?
Do they require internal software? If so what?

I assume I will be using a PLC to connect this robot to a machine of some kind in the future.

My current mandate is to "check it out and see what you can do."

I have not found any documentation on the net, but I am probably not searching for the right terms.

Any ideas?

Right now all I want is some documentation.

And the only information I have is that it is a Sepro and of a size that would fit snuggly in a full sized pick up truck. I don't see any model information anywhere.

CIMG5320.jpg

To connect the press normaly they use Euromap standarts. But you need robot connection diagram. You don't need any plc interface between robot and machine. It seems very old model i think it uses free relay contact for the signals. Contact with the Sepro and ask the electrical diagram.

Free relay eh? how does it know the distance to move and which axis?

I can see , enable and E-stops and start stop etc as relay ins, but it must use a lot of relays to communicate a location X 3 axis plus all the other stuff.

I have no experience with these, so I am just wondering how it would be done.

I will contact Sepro and look up Euromap.

Thanks.

Robot separately programing for the axis. I mean you teach all the movement. When you run sequence like this;

Enable robot > mould close > inject > mould open ( robot go in )> robot in position > eject the parts > eject complate > robot go out > mould close and robot take off the parts, sequence start again.

OH I see, the terminal sets up the motion and records the positions and then the relay closure just enables the moves.

R1 closes to enable move 1
R2 closes to enable move 2
etc

And I imagine you have a contact from the robot to indicate "in position" or "move done" etc.

Well that is simple, if it has a terminal to set up the moves.

I didn't see a terminal.

Thanks again.

If this Sepro robot standart one it should have programing terminal, may be seller keep the terminal. Take some pictures ( including inside of the electrical panel ) than ask the Sepro. Terminal standart feature for the standart robot.

http://www.sepro-robotique.com/uk/axess

For the robot model check the outside of the electrical panel.

Last edited:
That robot is made to remove parts from a Injection Molding machine.It is a purpose built robot for the plastics industry. What are you looking to do with it? It uses a standard SPI or euromap12 interface. Here is a link to a PDF for the interface http://www.hyrobots.com/pdf/SPI-ENGLISH.pdf
Most Injection molding machines have this interface installed on them. The teach pendant is geared to be used to program for parts removal. It could be used for other uses, but it is not particularly user friendly. Post a photo of the cabinet and pendant if you have it.I have used several of these in the past.

I imagine they will use it to remove parts from an injection molding machine.

Although, I could use it for anything if I give it the right signal with a PLC, which is how I will set it up to test it. Nothing fancy but they want to see what works and make repairs before putting it on a machine.

I anticipate that this particular robot is bad shape and was obsolete before it found it's way to ebay.

I am glad to have found you.

When I find the controls for it, I will update with more images and information.

Thanks for the manual , that is very helpful.