Allen bradley 5/40 to RSlogix communication interface

Ankursood

Hi,
in our plant we want to have a communication interface between allen bradley 5/40 & Rslogix via IO adapter i just wanted to know whether anyone has worked on this type of communication earlier and were they successful.
Also the hardware required for that

You cannot perform "ad-hoc" communications on a RIO network. There are just no methods available for sending or receiving user data, RIO was designed exclusively for I/O data.

What is the full part/model number for your "PLC 5/40" - that is a bit like saying "I drive a Ford" - be specific.

What is the "RSLogix" you refer to - RSLogix is a Rockwell Software product, in this case I suspect a PLC programming software, but which one ? RSLogix5 for the PLC5 series ? RSLogix500 for the SLC500/Micrologix series ?, or RSlogix5000 for the Logix5000 series (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, DriveLogix, GuardLogix, SoftLogix.....).