Access VBA into RSView32 VBA

Bob O

Is it possible?

I have created some reporting in Access and would like to use the VBA code from Access and install and run it in RSView32. I don't want to buy x number of seats for Access for our customer computers. Any help would be appreciated. I know very little about VBA.

Thanks,
Bob O.

You might do better to look into using Crystal Reports or something similar. I believe CR allows free distribution of report templates and run-time dll's. If the data you're reporting on is coming from RSView logs, then it'll be in dBase format - no need for Access.

Bob O,

RSView does have a Visual Basic editor built in. To get to it from the Project window, go to "Logic & Control", then click on "Visual Basic Editor." Try copying your Access VBA code and pasting into the RSView VBA editor. Then you will need to make a few variable changes and do some Dimension and Print statements and so on to get it to run.

Bob.

There are several levels at which you can address these kinds of requirements that aren't part of the native RSView fucntion set:

1. Use the RSView command line, or create macros.

2. Use the VBA script editor that is built in.

3. Use the RSView Object model to create hooks to external applications.

4. Find or develop an ActiveX applet that does the job.

Actually Gerry's suggestion with Crystal Reports, if it meets your requirements, is the most straightfoward approach to advanced reporting within RSView.