PID problem

Jsr = jump subrountine
What processor. Some output modules have a clamping setting the output module configuration. It's got me a couple of times.

Ya, the JSR is ok, one more thing, the OutHLimit of PID always set to "-1.0", is this right?

Ya, the JSR is ok, one more thing, the OutHLimit of PID always set to "-1.0", is this right?

Why do you have the CVHLimit set to -1? In the picture you have the engineering units a low of 0 and a high of 100. If you open the PID setup screen and look next to CVHLimit it says that it is used to limit the output while in auto mode. I would think that your hight limit needs to be over 0. You also have a SP of 38 and a PV of 83. Are you trying to go from 83 to 38? Make sure that your control action is correct.

Can you post the code so we can see more of the setup?

Kevin

I do not know why the CVHLimit was set to "-1", and I try to change, for example, to 100, but failed.

I tried to change the "-1" to "100", but failed, it will keep as "-1"

Is something else in your code writing (destructive=Yes) to CVHLimit?

Edit: I looked again at the picture in your first post. I see that you have a tag (can't quite read the name) attached to the CVHLimit parameter. Cross-reference that tag. Something in the program is writing a -1 to that tag. Either that, or an HMI is putting a -1 into that tag. More than likely, you would want your CVLLimit to be 0 or just above and your CVHLimit to be 100 or just below. However, it is impossible to say that for sure without knowing your application. I second the request to post the rest of your code. That's the best way to get the best help.

Are you absolutely sure that the routine is being called?

Last edited:
How about some history on this program. Is this a new program or one that has been running?

If you can't post the code at least do 2 screenshots of the General Configuration and EU/Limits tabs in the PIDE setup.