TI555 texas instruments PLC ASCII string help

Mike Lewallen

I need help writing code that sends one real # out of a serial port (RS232)in form of an ASCII string.

The processor is a Siemens (Texas Instruments) 555-1105
The serial port module in the rack is a 505-2571
The software is either TISOFT or Workshop.

So, short answer, you need to set the module dip switch for the port on the card you are using to PLC select.
Then, create both a "create connection command" block and a "Write command" block. I often set most of these using a special function set to cyclical w/ a 5min timer.
ftp://ftp.controltechnology.com/public/Pubs/PRODUCTS/257X/06200182.pdf pages 18-20 for the format of those blocks.
But read the whole manual and note that you'll be using the GAS protocol manager.