Protool/OP17 download problems

stevo

Hi,
I'm trying to download a basic project from protool v6.0 sp2 to a OP17(6AV3 617 1JC00 0AX1 - OP17-PP),The project compiles with no errors and the OP is new so is in default download mode. Once downloading commences i recieve the following error

THE PHYSICAL INTERFACE PARAMETERS YOU CONFIGURED UNDER PLC/DRIVER/PARAMETERS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR THE HARDWARE VERSION OF THE DEVICE CURRENTLY CONNECTED

I have tried various address and transmission speed changes without success, As im no expert i was wondering if anybody can shed any light on this:

OP PARAMETERS
INTERFACE 1F1B
ADDRESS 1

NETWORK PARAMETERS
MPI
BAUDRATE 187.5

PEER PARAMETERS
ADDRESS 2
EXPANSION SLOT 2
RACK 0

Any help you could give me would be greatly apprieciated

Thanks Steve

Hello Stevo;
If you are using a OP17-PP display, you have no MPI/Profibus connections available. Look at the following extract from the OP7-17 manual:

You will have to change your hardware cofiguration to connectors 1F1A (RS-232) or 1F1B (RS-485) in Protool.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

c:/op17_interfaces.jpg

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for clearing that up, Does this mean that the OP cannot be used with an S7 PLC or if so
, would you mind giving me some pointers on where to start

thanks again
Steve

Last edited:
Stevo

Going by Daniels post, if you are using the PP variety then it certainly looks like you can't connect it straight to the CPU, maybe you could use a CP340 or CP341 to hook this panel up to a S7 PLC. :confused:

I am just guessing here, I am sure Daniel or maybe someone else will confirm this either way.

Paul

Hello Stevo;
Even for communications with an OP17-PP and a S5 PLC, you needed specialized function blocks in the PLC program. I don't think these exist for the S7. You would have to use a serial card and develop the protocol yourself.
So your easiest bet would be to go to a OP17-DP (order no. 6AV3617-1JC20-0AX1 ) or a OP17-DP12 (order no. 6AV3617-1JC30-0AX1 ). These 2 models include hardware and software for MPI and Profibus-DP connections to an S7 CPU.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel,Paul

Thanks for your all your help, for simplicitys sake i think ill go for the MPI/DP compatible version.

All the best

Steve.

Dear Stevo,
I am facing the same problem with you,
and still have no solution.

Can you please tell me, how to solve the problem ?

Dear All,
I just resolve the problem, but I must change the PLC drivers to SIMATIC S5-L2-DP (original program use SIMATIC S5 AC511) with the same CPU (S5-95U)

The transfered has been made successfully, I hope there is no problem when the OP 17 operating in machine.

The OP17 type I use is 6AV3617-1JC20-0AX1