Connect C-More to SLC 5/03 via Digi One IAP

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a SLC 5/03 connected to an Ethernet network via a Digi One IAP. The IAP is configured to allow the 5/03 to READ from a SLC 5/05 through the channel 1. I've been playing with configuration settings since yesterday to see if I can get a C-More HMI to communicate with the 5/03 to no avail. The C-more is configured to use TCP port 44818 for comms. I've had no previous issues communicating with the 5/03 through a NET-ENI adapter that was replaced with the IAP, so I'm assuming the IAP settings aren't correct.

I should add that I can also see the 5/03 over Ethernet via RSLinx and can go online with the program with RSLogix over Ethernet.

Any suggestions?

Just for grins... I would try the "Allen-Bradley EtherNet/IP Client(MicroLogix 1100)" driver in C-more. There are subtle differences in the PCCC header that the Digi One IAP might be sensitive to.

You might try using Wireshark and getting a capture to see if that illuminates anything as well. It's free. But you will either need a true Ethernet Hub or a Managed switch with Port mirroring capability.

I guess i wasn't clear enough in my original post...

Configuring the C-More isn't the problem - I already have it 9and many like it) configured to communicte with several Allen-Bradley PLCs such as 5/03, 5/05, ML1100, ML1400, ControlLogix, CompactLogix & ML1200, using NET-ENI adapters for the SLC 5/03s & ML1200s. My problem is getting the C-More to communicate with the SLC 5.03 THROUGH the IAP.

I'm confident that the IAP settings are the problem.

You were clear and I understood it well enough. Let me explain my suggestion in more detail...

There are subtle differences in the PCCC header of the Ethernet packet between the EIP driver for the MicroLogix and the SLC5/05/NetENI driver. If you try to use the C-more MicroLogix 1100 driver for a SLC5/05 or NetENI, it won't work. If you try to use the C-more SLC5/05/NetENI driver for a MicroLogix 1100 (1200 or 1400 also), it won't work. As I am unfamiliar with what the Digi ONE IAP is expecting, I was suggesting that you try the MicroLogix 1100 driver in C-more as I expect you are probably trying the SLC5/05 Net ENI driver since you previously had a Net ENI adapter installed.

It may not work but it would be a very simple test to try.

Beyond that, I would suggest you get a wireshark capture.